Sean Bothamley is an associate in Hopkins & Carley’s Employment & Labor Practice group.
Sean has experience representing clients in Federal and California courts, in arbitrations, and before various governmental agencies, covering a wide range of disputes, including claims of wrongful termination, discrimination, harassment, and retaliation, whistleblower rights, wage and hour and employment misclassification claims, and misappropriation of trade secrets.
Prior to joining Hopkins & Carley, Sean was an associate attorney for a boutique employment law firm for 5 years representing both plaintiffs and defendants in employment-related disputes and litigation.
- Successfully defended a wage and hour claim brought by former non-profit volunteer alleging to have been an employee and seeking over $150,000 in back wages and penalties, obtaining a ruling that the volunteer was not an “employee”, and preemptively quelling similar claims that were being discussed by this volunteer’s associates
- Won an early dismissal of all substantive claims asserted against a large Silicon Valley IT staffing company by a former manager seeking significant compensation and penalties for allegedly unpaid vacation and health benefits following his termination for cause.
- Won summary judgment for a chiropractic corporation and its owner in a state court action involving claims of sexual harassment, retaliation, and discrimination brought by a former employee arising from alleged conduct of a manager and customer.
- Santa Clara County Bar Association
- All Courts of the State of California
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- J.D., (summa cum laude) Santa Clara University School of Law
- B.A., (cum laude) Business Administration: Entrepreneurship and Business Law, Loyola Marymount University