Lisa Stalteri is Co‑chair of Hopkins & Carley’s Real Estate Practice and is based in the Palo Alto office. For more than 25 years, Lisa has counseled public and private companies and high net worth individuals in various aspects of real estate, including:
- Acquisitions & dispositions
- Tax-deferred exchanges
- Hazardous substance contamination
Lisa has a broad network of key professionals and service providers in the real estate industry, including lenders, real estate and mortgage brokers, environmental consultants, accountants, architects and contractors, that allows her to assist her clients in putting together an effective, integrated team to close their deal.
Honored by Real Estate Forum in their 2015 Women of Influence issue, and selected to the 2014, 2015 and 2016 Northern California Super Lawyers list, Lisa uses her knowledge of the market and the law to bring a deal-oriented, hands‑on approach to serve her clients’ real estate needs.
Prior to joining Hopkins & Carley, she served as a Director and Co‑chair of the Real Estate Department at Carr McClellan.
- Represented landlord in multiple leases of space within Mid-Peninsula life science parks.
- Represented pharmaceutical company in a series of acquisitions of properties on the Mid-Peninsula and in Southern California for creation of campuses, including construction of R&D, lab and manufacturing spaces.
- Represented owners in the disposition of a transit-oriented city block for residential development.
- Negotiated the settlement of an acrimonious partnership dispute involving a series of tax-deferred exchanges.
- Negotiated the settlement of restoration obligations for R&D, lab and pilot plants throughout California involving environmental closures from multiple regulatory agencies.
- Represented Bay Area candy and chocolate manufacturers in the sale, or sale and lease-back, of manufacturing plants.
- Represented multiple food distributors in the lease and development of cold storage facilities in the Bay Area, including facilities with Global Food Safety Initiative certifications.
- Assisted grocers in the ground lease and development of grocery stores throughout California.
- AV® Preeminent™ Martindale-Hubbell
- Northern California Super Lawyers® 2016, 2015 and 2014
- LEED® Green Associate Accredited
- Protecting Intellectual Property, Data Security and Privacy in the Leased Environment - Commercial Leases and Data Center Leases ACC Real Estate Panel Discussion, February 25, 2016
- Featured in “Changing the Profession, One Lawyer at a Time” – ABA Law Practice Today, March 14, 2016 by Nicholas Gaffey
- San Mateo County Bar Association, Real Estate Section, Former Chair
- State Bar of California, Real Property Law and Environmental Law Sections
- International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC)
- State Bar of California (1987)
- All California state courts
- J.D. (cum laude), University of California, Hastings College of the Law
- B.A. (cum laude), Claremont McKenna College