Daniel Weinberg is a member of Hopkins & Carley’s Intellectual Property Litigation Practice and is located in the Redwood Shores office. Dan is an experienced litigator and adviser, having successfully represented clients in the technology, energy, entertainment, and hospitality industries. Dan’s practice primarily involves patent, trademark, copyright, and trade secret litigation.
Dan’s practice involves trial, arbitration, and investigation work. He has litigated and argued cases in federal and state trial and appellate courts, before a variety of arbitration tribunals, the United States Patent Trial and Appeal Board, and the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board. Dan has represented corporations and individuals in sensitive investigations and has extensive experience with computer forensic investigations.
For the past ten years, Dan was a partner at Freitas & Weinberg LLP, a boutique litigation firm in Redwood Shores, and before that, practiced for nearly a decade in the intellectual property group at Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP. Dan was named a Super Lawyers Rising Star in 2016 and has annually been recognized by Super Lawyers since 2019 for his work in intellectual property litigation. Dan is an active member of IR Global, an international network of lawyers and professionals, to best serve his international clients.
- State Bar of California (2003)
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Tennessee
- J.D., Santa Clara University School of Law
- A.B., Dartmouth College
- Super Lawyers, Intellectual Property Litigation, 2019-Present