Bill Klein is a member of the Litigation Department in Hopkins & Carley’s San Jose office and, also served as Hopkins & Carley’s Managing Shareholder and President for more than 15 years. He currently serves as the General Counsel for the firm.
He is a highly respected litigator, advisor and mediator who assists clients with a broad range of contract and related disputes, as well as environmental matters, including:
- Environmental private cost recovery and damage actions involving multi-party and citizen-suit litigation
- Counseling and litigation under CERCLA (Superfund) and related state and local laws
- Contract disputes involving environmental liabilities
- Environmental due diligence and contract negotiations for the sale and leasing of contaminated sites
- Environmental insurance coverage disputes
Bill also counsels clients on environmental matters pending before federal, state and local administrative agencies.
Bill was the Chair for the San Jose Silicon Valley Chamber of Commerce during the time it bought its headquarters. He was also the General Counsel for the local repertory theatre during their successful capital drive and construction of a new theater.
- Uplift Family Services, Board Member
- Good Karma Bikes, Former Board Chair
- San Jose Silicon Valley Chamber of Commerce, Former Legal Counsel and Past Board Chair
- American Bar Association
- Santa Clara County Bar Association
- State Bar of California (1985)
- J.D., Santa Clara University School of Law
- B.S., Political Science, California State University, Sacramento