Peter Nissly is a member of Hopkins & Carley’s Litigation practice in the San Jose office. He primarily represents clients in commercial litigation matters, including those with trade secret, probate and contract disputes.
Prior to joining Hopkins & Carley, Peter was an associate at Ellenberg & Hull. After law school, he served as an extern at the Sixth District Court of Appeal for Justice Bamattre-Manoukian and as a Graduate Fellow at the Northern California Innocence Project.
- Obtained two significant settlements for an intellectual property licensing consulting firm arising out of two separate contact actions.
- Successfully represented an IT services company in a trade secret action against a former employee in which a favorable settlement was achieved.
- Part of trial team that successfully defended claim that clients forged their parents’ trust.
- Part of trial team that obtained order restoring property converted by Elder’s Accountant to the trust following four week trial.
- American Bar Association, Member
- Santa Clara County Bar Association, Member
- State Bar of California (2010)
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- J.D., Santa Clara University School of Law
- B.S., Political Science, Santa Clara University