David Lively is a member of the Litigation Department in Hopkins & Carley’s San Jose office. Focusing on helping small to medium-sized businesses with needs ranging up to multi-million dollar litigation, David’s areas of practice include:
- Real estate
- Commercial litigation and transactions
David has been lead trial counsel in more than 100 civil trials and binding arbitrations. He has also been appellate counsel in numerous appellate cases and several published opinions.
Prior to joining Hopkins & Carley, David was a founding partner in the firm of Olimpia, Whelan & Lively from 1986 to 2005.
- State Bar of California (1978)
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- J.D., (cum laude), Santa Clara University School of Law
- B.A., University of Colorado, Boulder