Marissa Sinha is a member of Hopkins & Carley’s Litigation Department. Her practice focuses on business and corporate commercial disputes, breach of contract, real estate, and trust and estate litigation. She also represents property owners, general contractors, and subcontractors in construction-related disputes, including personal injury, defect, and contract claims.
Prior to joining Hopkins & Carley, Marissa was a Litigation and Trial Attorney for most of her career, including more than 10 years focusing on claims involving suspected insurance fraud. She has also served as an Adjunct Professor and Director of Employer Relations at Santa Clara University School of Law.
- Obtained a defense verdict for a software developer client against allegations of fraud and breach of contract, and reached a post-verdict settlement for less than a fifth of the verdict on behalf of co-defendant clients, following a four week jury trial.
- Successfully defended a client against multi-million dollar personal injury allegations following a week long jury trial. Client was awarded most of their costs and expert fees to defend the action.
- Obtained a defense verdict for insurance company client against allegations of bad faith, following a small claims appeal court trial.
- Won multiple summary judgments finding no liability of rental car companies for personal injury claims brought against the renters.
- Obtained summary adjudication of federal discrimination claims on behalf of peace officer client, resulting in removal to state court, and subsequent dismissal by plaintiff. Client obtained a significant award of attorneys’ fees and costs to defend the action.
- Marissa has given numerous educational seminars on behalf of various local bar associations and organizations dedicated to combatting fraudulent claims and litigation.
- Association of Defense Counsel of Northern California, Member
- Claims and Litigation Management Alliance (CLM Alliance), Member
State Bar of California (2007)
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- J.D., University of San Diego School of Law
- B.S. (magna cum laude), Economics/ Management Science, University of California, San Diego