From entrepreneurs and early-stage enterprises to middle market and public companies, we serve a broad range of business interests. Our services include:
- Formation of new entities
- Consulting agreements
- Intellectual property protection
- Leveraged buyouts and recapitalizations
- Mergers, acquisitions, and dispositions
- Restructuring of existing entities
- Shareholder, buy-sell, and other ownership agreements
- Stock option plans and other equity compensation
- Succession planning
- Tax-free reorganizations, including spin-offs, split-offs, and split-ups
While our service footprint is in Silicon Valley, we regularly represent California companies doing business outside the state, as well as non-California and foreign entities with legal needs here.
Clients we work with obtain the advantage of extensive experience, real teamwork and an entrepreneurial culture that specializes in helping build businesses and transforming breakthrough ideas into successful companies. Our lawyers can access the bench strength of many related areas of legal and industry focus, allowing us to deliver expansive knowledge in a cost-competitive manner.
- Represented Payment Processing, Inc. in its $420 million sale to Global Payments Inc.
- Represented Building Data, a software pioneer in Building Information Management, in its sale to Trimble, Inc., a public company focused on solutions that optimize the complete Design-Build-Operate (DBO) life cycle of buildings.
- Advised the management of a national provider of electronic payment processing services with respect to acquisitions, negotiating strategic contracts with enterprise software developers and sales representatives, and in crafting and implementing stock benefit arrangements with the company’s employees and independent contractors.
- Represented Manchester Pharmaceuticals LLC in its $62 million sale to Retrophin, Inc.
- Represented investors in the acquisition of multiple National Hockey League franchises.
- Advised a closely-held corporation with operations in various states on a reorganization plan developed to facilitate succession.
- Successfully acquired trademarks for an e-commerce client’s new products and rebranding, while enforcing its primary and other marks in a variety of foreign jurisdictions.