Full Range of Legal Service
Hopkins & Carley is a leading business law firm with more than 50 years of experience working with Silicon Valley companies. We advise emerging growth companies through the full life cycle of their business. We often act as outside general counsel, providing a single point of contact who can efficiently manage the legal needs of rapidly growing businesses. We also advise a number of angel investors and venture funds.
Our advice and counsel covers a broad range of matters, including:
- Entity selection, formation and governance
- Employee equity plus other compensation and benefits matters
- Employment law counseling and dispute resolution
- Debt and equity financing transactions from angel, venture, strategic investors, and commercial lenders
- Intellectual property advice, protection, and litigation
- International expansion
- Commercialization of technology and IP assets
- Mergers, acquisitions, asset sales and dispositions
- Outside general counsel services, which provide strategic day-to-day advice and guidance throughout a company’s life cycle
- Privacy and data security matters
- Real estate matters
- Trademarks and branding strategy counseling
- Transactional tax matters
- Wealth planning
- Outside general counsel to a drone security company, advising company from formation to funding of more than $24M.
- Represented web security company in sale to a public company for $80M.
- Represented social platform in $15M secured debt restructuring.
- Represented personal mobility startup in raising more than $40 million in equity through three separate financings.
- Representation of numerous technology startups from formation through seed funding and beyond.
- Representation of various venture funds investing in technology startups.
- Advise international emerging growth companies entering the U.S. market.