Full Range of Legal Service
Hopkins & Carley is a leading business law firm with nearly 50 years of experience working with Silicon Valley companies. In addition to serving entrepreneurs and early-stage enterprises, we also represent the business interests of private and publicly traded companies, high net worth individuals, venture capital firms and investment banks.
We advise companies and individuals through the full business life cycle: formation, financing, operation, growth, and transition/strategic exit strategies. Our clients rely on us for a broad range of legal services, including:
- Entity formation and governance
- Employment, equity and other compensation, and benefits matters
- Intellectual property advice, protection, and litigation
- Trademarks and branding strategy counseling
- Commercialization of company, technology, and IP assets
- Private financings from angel, venture, and strategic investors
- Strategic day-to-day advice and guidance throughout their life cycle
- Mergers, acquisitions, and dispositions
- Transactional tax matters
- Wealth planning
- Advise provider of cloud-based people and asset tracking and intrusion detection services.
- Represent an augmented/virtual reality technology company.
- Advise social media/mobile app developer of entertainment venue monitoring.
- Represented several startup and technology companies in their lease and sublease negotiations in locations throughout the Bay Area, as well as many other regions in California.