Hopkins & Carley’s attorneys advise clients on all legal issues that arise in this highly regulated industry, including general operational issues such as evictions, abandonments, drafting rental agreements and park rules, and giving advice on day-to-day operations. We are also the leading experts in California concerning closure and conversion of mobile home parks, representing both community owners and developers.
Our team works closely with attorneys other departments in the firm to provide clients the full benefit of employment, business, land use, and other legal advice. For example, we regularly collaborate with our land use practice group on redevelopment projects and other land use issues related to the development, sale, financing and operation of mobile home, manufactured housing, and similar communities.
Hopkins & Carley’s attorneys handle these issues and more:
- Resident evictions based on non-payment of rent
- Rules enforcement, including preparation and service of applicable notices and related evictions
- Day-to-day community management and operations advice
- Advice and counsel on compliance with rent control ordinances
- Defense of rent reduction claims
- Prosecution of fair return petitions
- Preparation and implementation of customized lease forms, rules and regulations, and other updates to existing residency documents to keep current with changes in California law
- Advice on compliance with state and federal fair housing
- Assistance with the purchase and sale of manufactured home communities, including related due diligence
- Prosecution of application to close and convert manufactured housing communities, including representation of developers post-conversion
- Advice and counsel concerning hiring and termination of community employees, general labor laws, and related onsite housing questions