Handling the Complexities of Online Business
Companies and individuals seek our advice on the e-commerce practices and policies required to establish and operate commercial web sites. We represent e-commerce companies in a variety of industries throughout the lifespan of their businesses, from initial formation and funding to implementation of an exit strategy.
We advise clients across the full spectrum of internet matters, including:
- Acquisition of domain names and related trademark or service mark rights
- Online policies
- “Click-through” contracts
- Co-branding agreements
- Content licensing, hosting, and other agreements for electronic rights management
- Strategies to protect IP and proprietary rights
- Worked with many clients in a variety of industries to secure necessary domain name rights and related trademark registrations, prepare and customize online policies, terms and conditions of use, click-through agreements, and to register trademarks and copyrights in valuable online content.
- Successfully acquired and registered trademarks for a global online retail services client’s new services and re-brandings, while enforcing its primary and other marks in foreign jurisdictions.
- Assisted with the establishment of online policies, agreements, and related transactional representation for the creation of a cloud-based social networking platform for connecting outdoor sports enthusiasts and tracking relevant data to organize, track and share.
- Represented a provider of online services to retail businesses in trademark infringement litigation.
- Represented clients in web page copying and content misappropriation copyright infringement disputes.
- Provided online search, monitoring, and investigation assistance to client in online financial services company to develop intellectual property protection strategy.
- Procured agreements for rights to online content for a web production company for the automotive industry.