Our knowledge of the life sciences industry and the Silicon Valley business environment allow Hopkins & Carley lawyers to tailor unique and practical solutions for the wide range of legal issues our clients face.
- Represented Manchester Pharmaceuticals LLC in its $62 million sale to Retrophin, Inc.
- Represented a biological products client in the preparation of development, manufacturing, and license agreements with a pharmaceutical products start-up, and in the business reorganization effected to segregate intellectual property assets for the commercialization of novel products.
- Won summary judgment for a medical device manufacturing company in a state court action involving claims for disability discrimination in violation of the Fair Employment and Housing Act, failure to engage in the interactive process, failure to provide reasonable accommodations, retaliation, and wrongful termination.
- Represented a pharmaceutical company in a series of acquisitions of properties in the Bay Area and Southern California for creation of campuses, including construction of R&D, lab and manufacturing spaces.
- Advised a research laboratory on the licensing of drug analogues to pharmaceutical companies and the creation of a consortium of pharmaceutical companies to establish and share a library of virtual models of inaccessible bioactive molecules.
- Represented a private medical imaging company in its acquisition by an offshore company in the course of a foreign IPO.
- Won summary adjudication for a clinical research services company of a lawsuit brought by a former project assistant claiming race discrimination, fraud, retaliation, and breach of contract.
- Negotiated the settlement with multiple regulatory agencies of environmental restoration obligations for R&D, lab and pilot plants throughout California.