Dick Noack is a member of Hopkins & Carley’s Employment and Labor Law Practice, based in the San Jose office. For more than 30 years, employers in a wide range of private and public sectors, have relied on Dick to handle difficult employment law issues, disputes, and negotiations, including:
- Employment law counseling and compliance
- Collective bargaining negotiations:
- National Labor Relations Act
- Educational Employment Relations Act
- Meyers-Milias-Brown Act
- Impasse mediation
- Fact-finding and interest arbitration
- Grievance arbitration
- Representation and unfair labor practice proceedings before the Public Employment Relations Board and the National Labor Relations Board
- Employee discipline and dismissal
- Responding to harassment and discrimination complaints before the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and the California Department of Fair Employment and Housing
- Wage and hour disputes and issues
Examples of private sector clients:
- Healthcare (home care, long-term care, rehabilitation services, acute care)
- Technology companies
- Private schools
- Religious entities
Public sector clients include:
- Public school employers
- Joint powers agencies
- Special districts
Dick is often invited to address groups on a variety of key issues, including preventing sexual harassment, managing within the law, employee discipline, collective bargaining and labor relations, wage and hour compliance, and school district governance.
- Negotiated more than 100 collective bargaining agreements for employers covered by the National Labor Relations Act, the Meyer-Milias-Brown Act, and the Educational Employment Relations Act.
- Represented employers in responding to more than 100 discrimination complaints to the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and the California Department of Fair Employment and Housing.
- Represented unionized employers in dozens of grievance arbitrations, including contract interpretation cases and just cause disciplinary actions and dismissals.
- Represented employers in responding to dozens of representation petitions and unfair labor practice charges under the National Labor Relations Act, the Meyer-Milias-Brown Act, and the Educational Employment Relations Act.
- Silicon Valley Monterey Bay Council, Boy Scouts of America, Executive Board Member and Past Council President
- American Bar Association
- Santa Clara County Bar Association
- California Council of School Attorneys
- Catholic Professional Club
- Loaves & Fishes Family Kitchen Advisory Board
- Eagle Scout
- State Bar of California (1986)
- J.D., (cum laude), University of Minnesota, Twin Cities
- B.A. (summa cum laude), Secondary Education, University of Wisconsin, Oshkosh