Dori is the Co‑chair of Hopkins & Carley’s Litigation Department. She represents a wide range of clients in complex real estate, land use, and business litigation matters. Dori regularly represents developers and property owners in disputes involving:
- Real estate purchase and sale transactions
- Real estate investment fraud
- Commercial landlord-tenant
- Boundary and property lines
Dori also regularly appears on behalf of clients at City Council meetings, Planning Commission meetings, and hearings before County Boards of Supervisors.
In addition to her professional leadership and success, Dori is also an active and engaged leader within the community. She recently served as Chair of the San Jose Planning Commission where she helped to oversee the administration of long-range planning projects, such as the Envision San Jose 2040 General Plan, as well as the processing of land development applications in conformance with the City’s long-range planning goals.
A 2009 graduate of the Community Leadership San Jose program, Dori was honored in the 2010 edition of The Recorder’s California Million Dollar Verdicts as part of the team of lawyers who won a verdict in excess of $14 million for a client. From 2011 through 2015, she was selected as a Northern California Rising Star by Super Lawyers. In 2015, Dori was listed as one of the 100 most influential Women in Silicon Valley. In 2016, Dori was honored by the Silicon Valley Business Journal as a “Rising Star” in their “40 Under 40” list, and since 2017, she has been recognized by her peers through The Best Lawyers in America in the area of Land Use and Zoning Litigation.
While in law school, Dori also served as a judicial extern to Hon. Jeremy Fogel in the United States District Court for the Northern District of California.
- San Jose Planning Commission, Past Chair
- Notre Dame High School, Board of Directors
- Junior League of San Jose, Board of Directors; Nominating Chair, 2015; Fashion Show, Co‑Chair, 2013; Outreach Vice-President, 2012; Trivia Challenge, Co-Chair, 2011
- William A. Ingram Inn of Court
- Thirty One Women
- SPUR, Board of Directors
- State Bar of California (2003)
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- J.D., Santa Clara University School of Law
- B.A., (magna cum laude), Justice Studies and Political Science, Arizona State University