Brendan Lund is Co-chair of Hopkins & Carley's Corporate Practice. Brendan has a hybrid corporate and tax practice, and collaborates with and advises businesses that are expanding their global footprint. He serves as a strategic business advisor while providing a tax perspective to the overall business goals.
Brendan advises early stage and middle market businesses, entrepreneurs and investors, with a focus on:
- Entity formation and tax classification of domestic and international businesses
- Financings and investment
- Outside general counsel of middle market and portfolio companies
- Key operational contracts and agreements
- Taxable and tax-free mergers and acquisitions, including complex private equity sales and rollovers
Brendan helps businesses anticipate and plan for the complex tax jurisdictional and compliance requirements that accompany growth. He also advises businesses on cross-border transactions with a concentration on direct investment in the U. S. and provides tax advice on foreign operations. Brendan has also developed a special international tax expertise representing individuals and foreign entities with offshore bank accounts to ensure their financial assets become compliant for federal and state purposes.
Brendan was selected to Northern California Super Lawyers list from 2009 to 2011 and prior to joining Hopkins & Carley, he served as a Director in the Corporate, Tax and Business Department at Carr McClellan.
- “Raising Your Tax A.Q. (Awareness Quotient): Tax Issues Facing Companies that are Expanding their Business Footprint”, iACC, Panelist, April 2014
- “Tax Ramifications of Foreclosures, Deeds in Lieu and Short Sales”, Real Estate/Business Litigation Briefing Series 2011
- Santa Clara University Alumni Association
- Saint Ignatius College Preparatory, Alumni Board Member
- San Mateo County Bar Association
- State Bar of California, Taxation Section
- ProVisors, San Francisco IX, Executive Committee
- Association of Corporate Growth (ACG)
- State Bar of California (1999)
- All California state courts
- L.L.M., Taxation, University of Washington
- J.D., Gonzaga University School of Law
- B.S., Political Science, Santa Clara University