Rob Castillo is an associate in Hopkins & Carley’s Palo Alto office and a member of the Trust & Estate Litigation Practice.
In addition to his focus on trust & estate litigation, Rob has experience in a wide array of litigation: antitrust, class action litigation, medical malpractice, product liability, business litigation, and criminal law. He has handled these cases from inception through trial, including sitting first or second chair on over 20 trials, both civil and criminal.
Rob has taken lead on, prepared witnesses for, and defended individuals at deposition. He has drafted and successfully argued numerous motions for summary judgment on behalf of his clients.
While having extensive litigation experience, Rob always takes into consideration the costs associated with each case so that he can represent his clients’ interests effectively and efficiently. Prior to joining Hopkins & Carley, Rob was a litigation associate at Tucker Ellis, LLP.
- As first chair, obtained a de minimus settlement in a medical malpractice case involving the treatment of a MRSA infection.
- As first chair, obtained a dismissal for the client mid-trial in a pressure ulcer case.
- As second chair, obtained a defense verdict in a case involving the diagnosis and treatment of an ectopic pregnancy.
- As second chair, obtained a favorable settlement during jury deliberations for a hospital in a difficult and emotionally charged case involving a premature brain-damaged infant.
- Just before trial, obtained a favorable minimal settlement for the client compared to the Plaintiff verdict in excess of $25 million, despite the client being the main target in the case.
- New York State Bar (2013)
- State Bar of California (2018)
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of California
- J.D., Maurice A. Deane School of Law at Hofstra University
- B.S., Economics, University of California, Santa Barbara