Peter Stone is a member of Hopkins & Carley’s Corporate Practice in the Palo Alto office. He regularly advises entrepreneurs, emerging companies and investors on issues involving:
- Corporate formation, governance and finance
- Commercial and IP licensing transactions
- Mergers, acquisitions and corporate partnerships
Peter also provides business-oriented legal advice and counsel to CEOs, investors and directors.
Prior to joining Hopkins & Carley, Peter was in private practice, representing start‑up and emerging growth companies and investors in early stage companies. In addition, Peter was a founder, Vice President, General Counsel and CFO of a wireless IoT start‑up. He is also a former partner in the Emerging Companies practice at Cooley in Palo Alto.
- U.S. counsel to a global security technology company.
- Outside general counsel to a public semiconductor company.
- Advise provider of cloud-based people and asset tracking and intrusion detection services.
- Represent an augmented/virtual reality technology company.
- Advise social media/mobile app developer of entertainment venue monitoring.
- Palo Alto Chamber of Commerce, Former Chair of the Board of Directors
- Page Mill YMCA, Palo Alto, Board Member and Fundraising Program Organizer
- The Enterprise Network (TEN), Silicon Valley, Founder, Chairman
- State Bar of California (1982)
- J.D., (Order of the Coif), Stanford University Law School
- B.A. (magna cum laude), Sociology, University of California, Berkeley