Mitesh Patel is member of the Hopkins & Carley Intellectual Property Practice, with a focus on trademark and technology issues. He represents clients in matters concerning domestic and international trademark prosecution and enforcement, intellectual property due diligence, internet and privacy law, licensing and related technology transactions.
Before joining Hopkins & Carley, Mitesh represented clients in his own intellectual property practice in various industries and was an adjunct instructor at the University of San Francisco School of Management teaching classes on Legal & Regulatory Environment of Business.
- Webinar: Open Source: The Trademark Awakens by Alt Legal Community
- Startup & Venture Capital Club Series: Concept to Commercialization - IP & the Path to Market by Silicon Valley Forum
- University of San Francisco – Entrepreneurship and Innovation, Guest Lecturer
- Santa Clara Bar Association – Trademark Year in Review 2016, 2017
- Lincoln Law School of San Jose – IP Survey Course, Guest Lecturer
- Trademark Strategies for the Entrepreneur (ASIN: B01BQJ1A48) – Primary author
- Handbook 1: Fundamentals of IP (ASIN: B01BPPBCX2) – Contributor
- Intellectual Property Clinic Manual (ISBN-13: 978-1500964566) – Contributor
- Asian Law Alliance, Advisory Board Member
- State Bar of California (2011)
- J.D., Santa Clara University School of Law
- B.A., (dual degree) Political Science: Public Law and Urban Studies and Planning, University of California, San Diego