Liam O’Connor is a trial attorney with Hopkins & Carley’s San Jose office. He represents a broad variety of clients in complex business, real estate, and construction matters, and has developed extensive experience enforcing multi-million dollar judgments against individuals and Limited Liability Companies.
His experience includes litigation on behalf of:
- Financial institutions
- Real estate agents and brokers
- Various commercial entities
Prior to joining Hopkins & Carley, Liam was a litigation associate with Ericksen Arbuthnot in San Jose, a law clerk for Clayton & McEvoy in San Jose and Carlson, Goldrick & Roberts in Santa Barbara, and an intern for the San Francisco District Attorney’s Office.
- Obtained a $5.8 million judgment for a client and despite numerous attempts to conceal and fraudulently transfer the judgment debtor’s assets, recovered nearly entire amount in satisfaction of judgment.
- Won a $14.8 million judgment for client, including $10 million in punitive damages, after a two-week bench trial in a fraudulent transfer and malicious prosecution case.
- “Nuts and Bolts of Enforcing Judgments—Including Issues Facing Trustees and Personal Representatives”, San Mateo, CA, March 2014
- “Enforcing Judgments and Attacking LLC Interests”, San Jose, CA, June 2012
- History San Jose, Chair of the Board of Directors
- San Jose Downtown Association, Member of Finance Committee; former Board Member, Treasurer, and Executive Committee Member
- Community Leadership San Jose
- Santa Clara County Bar Association
- State Bar of California (2006)
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Northern District of California
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of California
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Central District of California
- J.D., Santa Clara University School of Law
- B.A., English Literature, University of California, Santa Barbara
- Junior Year Abroad, University of Leeds, Yorkshire, England