Jedidiah “Jed” Dooley is an attorney in Hopkins & Carley’s San Jose office. His practice focuses on business litigation, assisting clients in handling an array of business issues including:
- Landlord tenant issues
- Brokerage commission disputes
- Partnership and shareholder dissolutions
- Trade secret protection
- Licensing and contract disputes
He has represented a wide variety of entities, from small businesses to Fortune 500 companies. Jed is also part of the Hopkins & Carley e‑Discovery team and provides advice and counsel to clients regarding preservation and discovery obligations.
- Successfully defended a commercial real estate developer against allegations of fraud and breach of contract in a six week jury trial in Shasta County.
- Successfully defended startup company in San Francisco in a complex unlawful detainer trial involving zoning disputes.
- Successfully resolved multi-million dollar brokerage commission claim in Alameda County against Fortune 500 Company.
- Successfully resolved contentious buyout of minority shareholder in case involving claims of misappropriation of trade secrets and breaches of fiduciary duty.
- Successfully represented a public-traded semiconductor company and several individuals against multi-million dollar claim stemming from alleged poaching of employees.
- Junior Achievement, Silicon Valley
- Notre Dame Club of Silicon Valley
- Pleasanton Chamber of Commerce
- State Bar of California (2005)
- J.D. (magna cum laude) University of Seattle
- B.A. (cum laude), Finance and Mathematics, University of Notre Dame