Elaisha Nandrajog is an associate in Hopkins & Carley’s Employment & Labor Practice group.
Elaisha represents employers in a wide range of matters in state and federal court as well as before administrative agencies. She has experience defending companies in single-plaintiff and multi-plaintiff cases against claims of wrongful termination, discrimination, harassment, retaliation, and failure to accommodate. Her work involves complex wage and hour class actions as well as representative actions brought under California’s Private Attorneys General Act.
In addition to her litigation practice, Elaisha advises employers and managers on hiring, screening, and termination practices and various wage and hour compliance issues. She is also involved in the development and review of company policies to identify risk and ensure compliance. Elaisha additionally provides due diligence review of target companies in mergers and acquisitions and has conducted internal employment investigations for public and private employers in the Bay Area. Elaisha’s commercial litigation experience includes work on breach of contract, fraud, and unfair competition and interference claims.
Prior to joining Hopkins & Carley, Elaisha was an associate attorney at Sacks, Ricketts & Case, LLP.
- Obtained complete defense verdict for major national airport in litigation involving disability discrimination, failure to accommodate, retaliation, and harassment.
- Obtained favorable resolutions in reasonable accommodations, disability discrimination, and race discrimination matters on behalf of national hospitality industry clients.
- Negotiated favorable settlements prior to administrative hearings for alleged wage and hour violations on behalf of clients in airport and hospitality industries.
- Representation of operator of national chain of fast-food restaurants in defense of California class actions brought by former non-exempt employees alleging wage and hour violations.
- Representation of clients in the hospitality industry against claims of sexual harassment, sexual battery, and negligent supervision and retention.
- Santa Clara County Bar Association
State Bar of California (2014)
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- J.D., University of California Los Angeles School of Law
- B.A. (magna cum laude), International Relations, Claremont McKenna College