Chance Tseng is a member of the Litigation Department and Intellectual Property practice group in Hopkins & Carley’s San Jose office, with a primary focus on complex commercial and intellectual property litigation.
Prior to joining Hopkins & Carley, Chance was an associate at Bowman and Brooke LLP, where he navigated high-exposure products liability actions for international Fortune 500 manufacturers, with particular emphasis on autonomous vehicle litigation.
During law school, Chance served as a Judicial Extern to the Honorable Laurel Beeler, U.S. Magistrate Judge of the Northern District of California, and the Honorable Troy L. Nunley, U.S. District Judge of the Eastern District of California.
Chance has experience working in the corporate law department of a major international producer of smartphones, tablets, cybersecurity and Internet of Things software
- Successfully won a construction breach of contract bench trial for client in Alameda County Superior Court.
- State Bar of California (2018)
- District of Columbia Bar (2020)
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California
- J.D., University of California, Davis School of Law
- B.A., Music, University of California, Berkeley
- King Hall Public Service & Pro Bono Program Certificates