The hiring and onboarding process is the first step in the employment lifecycle. It presents employers both with opportunities (such as the chance to define the terms and conditions of the employment relationship and protect themselves against future claims) as well as risks (such as asking the wrong questions or not providing required forms). In order to start a new employment relationship on the right foot, employers must understand the critical issues that arise during the process.
This seminar addressees:
- What you can or cannot ask about criminal history and prior compensation
- Avoiding common traps in interviews
- Whether to do background and reference checks, and the timing and required disclosures
- Onboarding best practices
- Arbitration agreements, confidentiality agreements and restrictive covenants
- Handbook updates and common mistakes