Please click here to view
Join Hopkins & Carley Attorneys Richard Schachtili, Martin Behn, Vern Adkins and Shinny Liu as they discuss Estate Planning During a Pandemic and Active Planning Opportunities. The panel will discuss:
Part 1: Estate Planning During A Pandemic
COVID-19 has many of our clients thinking about their estate plans. Questions you should ask yourself include:
- Is your healthcare directive up-to-date?
- Is there someone who can sign on your behalf to continue running your business if you are incapacitated?;
- Do you have outstanding estate planning documents that need to be signed, witnessed and/or notarized?
- Have you reviewed your estate plan documents lately or are there changes you have been putting off?
Part 2: Active Planning Opportunities
With depressed asset values, historically low interest rates, historically low “hurdle” rates, and historically high gift and estate tax exemptions, there are a number of once-in-a-lifetime opportunities to transfer wealth to your beneficiaries. We are currently assisting clients with:
- New Grantor Retained Annuity Trusts (GRATs) - whether for single assets, or for a portfolio of assets;
- Swapping assets and establishing new GRATs from old ones;
- Charitable Lead Annuity Trusts (CLATs);
- New intra-family loans;
- Refinancing intra-family loans;
- New Family Limited Partnerships (FLPs);
- And new sales to defective grantor trusts (IDGTs).