Hopkins & Carley, a premier law firm with offices in San Jose and Redwood City is seeking a full-time Helpdesk Technician to work in our Information Technology department. The Helpdesk Technician provides routine technical assistance and support for incoming queries and issues related to computer systems, software, hardware, and mobile devices that connect to the firm resources. This 100% onsite position will provide in-person and remote session support for both Hopkins & Carley locations as needed.
- Provides phone, email and floor support for hardware and software issues; enters/updates tickets in Helpdesk ticketing system.
- Manages audio/video setups in conference rooms for client meetings, depositions, department meetings, etc.
- Provides onsite technical assistance at courthouse during trials.
- Provides basic troubleshooting for local network issues.
- Escalates hardware, software and network issues as appropriate.
- Assists with deployment of new equipment; images new desktops and laptops; provides setup and troubleshooting of firm-provided Smartphones.
- Maintains inventory of all hardware equipment including loaner laptops.
- Performs other duties as required and/or assigned.
- Associate’s degree with one to three years of experience in IT.
- Strong troubleshooting skills for both hardware and software; experience troubleshooting Microsoft Windows 10 and Microsoft Office 2016/O365.
- Experience with equipment setup for audio/video conferences.
- Experience imaging and deploying new hardware.
- Some knowledge of legal-specific applications such as DMS, RMS and document drafting tools.
- Experience supporting cloud-based solutions.
- Must possess proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Exceptional customer service skills required.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and successfully execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Must be self-motivated and proactive.
- Ability to actively work as a team member.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in an environment of confidential data and keep information confidential and private.
- One to three years’ law firm experience.
- IT-related certifications.
Hopkins & Carley is an equal opportunity employer.
We offer competitive compensation/benefits and the opportunity to be part of a great team. Please forward your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.