Job Opening: Conflicts Coordinator
Hopkins & Carley, a well-established law firm with offices in downtown San Jose and in Palo Alto, has an immediate opening for a Conflicts Coordinator in its San Jose office. Candidates must be computer proficient in MS Word, Excel, Outlook and scanning programs. This position will involve extensive computer work, including scanning, profiling documents and data entry. Candidates must have excellent organizational skills and possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Minimum of two+ years of conflicts of interest experience in a law firm.
- Proficient in MS Word, Outlook, and Excel; LMS and eDocs, a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal, written (grammar, spelling, format) and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with all levels of the organization and demonstrate a team-oriented work style.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively handle shifting priorities and adapt to changing demands.
- Strong analytical and reasoning abilities, displays sound judgement.
- Strict and complete adherence to maintaining confidential and sensitive information.
- BA/BS degree preferred
- Performs conflicts and new business research including analyzing, reviewing, and reporting information results for all incoming work.
- Verify that all conflict searching is complete, consistent, and accurate and that all Firm conflicts procedures have been followed.
- Create a well-organized written email analysis for attorneys.
- Assist in the identification of potential conflicts of interest; select, analyze and remove irrelevant information to produce Conflict Reports.
- Performs daily operation of client and matter creation within the conflicts and new business system and firm tracking spreadsheets; scans all related documents to Secretary/Attorney opening matter.
- Review intake forms, engagement letters, waivers, billing details, and retainers to insure all information is provided; scans any alternate billing arrangements or special billing letters to Billing and enters receipt of the documents in LMS, and firm spreadsheet for release from temporary holding.
- Follow up on conflict issues with department colleagues and attorneys, when necessary.
- Collaborate with team members on conflicts searches and projects, with attention to deadlines and time-sensitive issues.
- Perform updates in the firms systems to client information and allocation of attorney designations.
- Performs ethical wall reviews and collaborates with specific departments for creation; provides ethical wall maintenance and tracking and sends firm wide notification on an as needed basis.
- Provides lateral candidate conflicts and due diligence for the firm which includes researching, analyzing, reviewing, and reporting information for all incoming attorney, paralegal, and contract attorneys for the firm on an as needed basis.
- Contribute to process, procedure, and technology improvements in order to reduce risk and improve efficiency.
- Conduct special projects as assigned.
Only qualified candidates with experience need apply.
Hopkins & Carley is an equal opportunity employer.