Job Opening: Billing Coordinator
Hopkins & Carley, a well-established law firm with offices in downtown San Jose and in Palo Alto, has an immediate opening for a Billing Coordinator in its San Jose office. Candidates must have experience with a Tier 2 ERP system, and be proficient in MS Word, Excel, Outlook and scanning programs. This position will involve extensive computer work, including the generation of pre-bills, performing narrative edits, and billing. Candidates must have excellent organizational skills and possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Minimum of two+ years of billing experience in a law firm; electronic billing a plus.
- Proficient in MS Word, Outlook, and Excel; LMS a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal, written (grammar, spelling, format) and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines.
- Committed to high quality customer service (internal and external).
- Demonstrated problem solving skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with all levels of the organization and demonstrate a team-oriented work style.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively handle shifting priorities and adapt to changing demands.
- Strong analytical and reasoning abilities, displays sound judgement.
- Strict and complete adherence to maintaining confidential and sensitive information.
- Oversee and maintain the complete billing process for multiple lawyers/clients while ensuring all invoices are billed accurately and timely.
- Maintain compliance with firm billing policies and client billing guidelines.
- Interact with attorneys and external e-billing administrators as needed to ensure the successful set up and maintenance of e-billing clients.
- Timely submission of e-bills, including all necessary supporting documentation.
- Monitor and coordinate re-submission of rejected e-bills.
- Assist with reconciliation and research of client accounts, payments, unapplied cash, etc., to ensure a prompt resolution.
- Respond to information requests from lawyers, clients and administrative staff related to WIP, A/R, billing reconciliations, trust balances, and applications of cash.
- Adhere to approved alternative billing arrangements.
- Administer the approved release of matters from temporary holding.
- Perform updates in the firm’s systems to client information.
- Conduct special projects as assigned.
Hopkins & Carley is an equal opportunity employer.