Hopkins & Carley, a well-established law firm with offices in downtown San Jose and in Redwood City, has an immediate opening for an Accounts Payable Coordinator in its San Jose office. This hands-on position will manage the firm’s accounts payable invoice workflow, from invoice receipt to vendor payment, interfacing primarily with the firm’s Legal Executive Assistants.
- Process vendor invoices and rush check requests.
- Maintain the vendor master file.
- Process employee expense reimbursements in Chrome River.
- Import Chrome River transactions into SurePoint.
- Process daily check requests using workflow automation; distribute checks to requestors.
- Issue NTE checks; post and reconcile monthly.
- Post AP transactions to the general ledger and enter data into the accounting system.
- Process corporate credit card transactions in Chrome River.
- Import credit card transactions into SurePoint.
- Track matching gift contributions.
- Assist with bank reconciliations and vendor statement reconciliations.
- Perform spend analysis as needed.
- Prepare and distribute 1099s.
- Responsible for Positive Pay transactions.
- Process wires and ACH payments.
- Create and manage wire templates.
- Ensure use tax is being appropriately assessed on invoices.
- Lead payables automation initiatives to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the payables function, especially through adoption of invoice scanning and approval routing software.
- Set up ACH interface with bank to reduce checks issued.
- Contribute to new payables policies and procedures.
- Contribute to the selection and implementation of technology and process improvements in order to increase efficiency.
- Other related work as needed.
- The ideal candidate will have a minimum of two years of full-cycle Accounts Payable experience.
- Excellent organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Self-motivated and able to manage time efficiently.
- Demonstrate ability to change priorities quickly and accept frequent interruptions.
- Effective and efficient time management, concentrating on the more important priorities and can quickly sense what will help or hinder accomplishing a goal.
- Understands and respects the need for teamwork within the department and firm; works collaboratively with all levels of the organization.
- Ideally, an understanding of the legal industry and working knowledge of law firm processes.
- Requires a B.A. and a minimum of 2 years of experience.
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Excel skills.
- Strict and complete adherence to maintaining confidential and sensitive information.
Hopkins & Carley is an equal opportunity employer.
Hopkins & Carley was named a 2019 Best Place to Work by the San Francisco Business Times and the Silicon Valley Business Journal!