Legal Support Assistant
Hopkins & Carley, a well-established Silicon Valley law firm with offices in downtown San Jose and in Palo Alto, has an immediate opening for a Legal Support Assistant in its Palo Alto office. The Legal Support Assistant is responsible for providing backup and overflow administrative assistance to Legal Secretaries, Paralegals, Attorneys and general office operations.
The successful candidate for this new role will be self-motivated, detail-oriented, energetic, and highly organized. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects are essential. Must be a quick learner, team player, have strong data entry and proofreading skills, and have the ability to work with confidential data and keep information confidential and private.
- Assist with producing high-quality documents (Word, Excel) and presentations (PowerPoint) under tight deadlines
- Prepare intake documents for incoming clients and matters
- Maintain contacts and calendars via Outlook
- Make photocopies and/or scan documents
- Schedule meetings, appointments, travel arrangements and seminars
- Organize and code paper and electronic files
- Notarize documents for clients
- Serve as a back-up receptionist as needed (answering and directing incoming calls and greeting, directing, and assisting clients and visitors)
- Assist when needed with other special projects and/or office events
- Run errands and perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook, and be familiar with document management systems. Associate’s degree and at least one year of experience in an office environment is preferred. Bachelor’s degree and law firm experience a plus.
Hopkins & Carley is an equal opportunity employer.