Trust Administration Paralegal
Hopkins & Carley, a well-established law firm with offices in downtown San Jose and in Palo Alto, has an opening for an experienced Trust Administration Paralegal with its Family Wealth & Tax Planning department in its Palo Alto office. This individual must be highly motivated, a self-starter, detail oriented, a team player and project a positive attitude. Ideal candidates will possess excellent organizational, written/verbal communication, and time management skills. Our paralegals work with all of the attorneys in the Family Wealth & Tax Planning department, and as such must be able to manage multiple projects, different work-styles and deadlines, function at a high level, and assume significant responsibility.
Candidate must have a high level of experience with all aspects of large estate trust administration processes including the following:
- Preparation of Estate Tax Returns (Form 706), basis consistency reporting (Form 8971) and Gift Tax Returns (Form 709)
- Preparation of post-mortem affidavits, distribution deeds, property tax forms, and related documents for the transfer of real property title
- A working understanding of the property tax rules related to changes of ownership of California real property
- Preparation of documents related to the transfer of entity interests, including Form BOE-100
- Trust asset allocations and sub-trust funding
- Trust distribution
- Working with appraisers
- Probate proceedings (from commencement through final distribution)
- Heggstad petitions and proceedings
Candidate will work directly with clients and attorneys. Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel is required. Bachelor’s degree and paralegal certificate, or declaration, required. Must be a California Notary (or be able to become one).
We offer competitive compensation/benefits and the opportunity to be part of a great team.
Please send your cover letter and resume to HR@hopkinscarley.com
Hopkins & Carley is an equal opportunity employer.