Job Opening: Trust Administration Paralegal
Hopkins & Carley, a well-established law firm with offices in downtown San Jose and in Palo Alto, has an opening for an experienced Trust Administration Paralegal with its Family Wealth & Tax Planning department. This position can be located in either office. This individual must be highly motivated, a self-starter, detail oriented, a team player and project a positive attitude. Ideal candidates will possess excellent organizational, written/verbal communication, and time management skills. Our paralegals work with all of the attorneys in the Family Wealth & Tax Planning department, and as such must be able to manage multiple projects, styles and deadlines, function at a high level, and assume significant responsibility.
- Candidate must have experience with all aspects of the trust administration process including the following:
- Preparation of post-mortem affidavits, distribution deeds, property tax forms, and related documents for the transfer of real property title
- Preparation of documents related to the transfer of entity interests, including Form BOE-100
- Trust asset allocations and sub-trust funding
- Trust distribution
- Working with appraisers
- Probate proceedings (from commencement through final distribution)
- Heggstad petitions and proceedings
Experience with the preparation of Estate Tax Returns (Form 706), basis consistency reporting (Form 8971) and Gift Tax Returns (Form 709).
Candidate will work directly with clients and attorneys. Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel is required. Bachelor’s degree and paralegal certificate, or declaration, required. Must be a California Notary (or be able to become one).
Hopkins & Carley is an equal opportunity employer.
We offer competitive compensation/benefits and the opportunity to be part of a great team. Please forward your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org