Job Opening: Billing & Collections Coordinator
Hopkins & Carley, a well-established law firm with offices in downtown San Jose and in Redwood City, has an immediate opening for a Billing and Collections Coordinator in its San Jose office. Candidates must have experience with a Tier 2 ERP system, and be proficient in MS Word, Excel, and Outlook. This position will involve extensive computer work, including the generation of pre-bills, performing narrative edits, and billing. It also involves working with billing attorneys and clients on collecting unpaid balances, interacting with clients via telephone, email or written communications, and producing reports as needed. Candidates must have excellent organizational skills and possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Minimum of three years of billing experience in a law firm; electronic billing a plus.
- Proficient in MS Word, Outlook, and Excel; Rippe & Kingston Legal Management System (LMS) a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal, written (grammar, spelling, format) and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines.
- Committed to exceptional client service.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with all levels of the organization and demonstrate a team-oriented work style.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively handle shifting priorities and adapt to changing demands.
- Strong analytical and reasoning abilities, displays sound judgement.
- Strict and complete adherence to maintaining confidential and sensitive information.
- Oversee and maintain the complete billing process for multiple lawyers/clients while ensuring all invoices are billed accurately and timely.
- Maintain compliance with firm billing policies and client billing guidelines.
- Assist attorneys and firm management with collections, including client contact, notifying attorneys of past due balances that require additional follow-up, letters or emails to clients or former clients.
- Interact with attorneys and external e-billing administrators as needed to ensure the successful set up and maintenance of e-billing clients.
- Ensure the timely submission of e-bills, including all necessary supporting documentation.
- Monitor and coordinate re-submission of rejected e-bills.
- Research and reconcile client accounts, payments, unapplied cash, etc., to ensure a prompt resolution.
- Respond to information requests from lawyers, clients and administrative staff related to WIP, A/R, billing reconciliations, trust balances, and applications of cash.
- Adhere to approved alternative billing arrangements.
- Monitor accounts receivable, research and resolve disputes and keep client collections activity accurate and up to date in the LMS collections module.
- Prepare periodic aged A/R reports for firm management, and ad-hoc reports as needed.
- Monitor aged unbilled time and identify irregularities.
- Conduct special projects as assigned.
Hopkins & Carley is an equal opportunity employer.
We offer competitive compensation/benefits and the opportunity to be part of a great team. Please submit your resume and cover letter to: HR@hopkinscarley.com