Hopkins & Carley, a well‐established law firm with offices in downtown San Jose and in Palo Alto, has an immediate opening for an Accountant in its San Jose office. Candidates must be proficient in a mid-tier ERP system, Excel, Word and Outlook. Candidates must have excellent organizational skills and possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Minimum of four years of GL experience; exposure to corporate finance / FP&A a plus.
- Proficient in Excel, Word and Outlook; LMS or comparable ERP system, Sage FAS and Chrome River or other expense report solution a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal, written (grammar, spelling, format) and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with all levels of the organization and demonstrate a team‐oriented work style.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively handle shifting priorities and adapt to changing demands.
- Strong analytical and reasoning abilities, displays sound judgment.
- Strict and complete adherence to maintaining confidential and sensitive information.
- BA/BS degree in accounting, finance or related field is required.
- Law firm or professional services experience a plus.
- Prepare and record month-end journal entries.
- Perform month-end accruals.
- Manage fixed assets (additions, disposals, gains/losses, leasehold improvements).
- Calculate monthly depreciation.
- Perform bank reconciliations.
- Prepare monthly financial reports and ad-hoc reports.
- Support accounts payable (process invoices & urgent check requests, review expense reports in Chrome River, respond to inquiries).
- Track firm matching gift contributions.
- Send personal postage reminders.
- Manage state bar dues and association memberships.
- Assist with other accounting / finance projects as needed.
We offer competitive compensation/benefits and the opportunity to be part of a great team.
Please send your cover letter and resume to HR@hopkinscarley.com
Hopkins & Carley is an equal opportunity employer.