Robert “Robbie” Jain is a member of the Litigation Department in Hopkins & Carley’s San Jose office. He primarily focuses on patent and complex IP litigation and post-AIA proceedings.
Prior to joining Hopkins & Carley, Robbie was a Patent Litigation Associate at Unified Patents, LLC where he participated in preparing and filing inter partes reviews before the Patent Trial and Appeal Board involving various technologies such as:
- Android and iOS-based smart phones
- Network security systems
- Infotainment systems
- Encryption and user authentication
- Database management and multi-versioning tools
During law school, Robbie served as a judicial extern for the Honorable Paul Grewal at the District Court for the Northern District of California.
- Frequent Filers? What the Data Says about Parallel PTAB Cases, Landslide, American Bar Association, Vol. 12, No. 1 (September/October 2019).
- Rehear Here: Tracking Successful Requests for Rehearing in Inter Partes Reviews, Landslide, American Bar Association, Vol. 11, No. 2 (November 2018).
- The Effect of Alice on Covered Business Methods (CBM) Reviews, 14 NW. J. Tech. & Intell. Prop. 381 (2017).
- How PTAB Proceedings Are Driving District Court Settlements, Intellectual Asset Management (March/April 2016).
- State Bar of California (2016)
- USPTO (2020)
- J.D., Santa Clara University School of Law
- B.A., Political Science, James Madison University