Rachael Hiatt is an associate in Hopkins & Carley’s San Jose office and member of the Litigation Department. Rachael has represented clients in commercial litigation matters, primarily involving contract disputes.
Prior to joining Hopkins & Carley, Rachael was an associate at Hayes Scott Bonino Ellingson Guslani Simonson & Clause, LLP. Her main focus was on commercial litigation matters, representing insurance companies and healthcare service providers.
After graduating law school, Rachael practiced as an Environmental and Workplace Safety Circuit Prosecutor at the California District Attorneys Association. She was deputized as a district attorney in multiple rural counties in California where she prosecuted environmental and workplace safety crimes.
During law school, Rachael was an Articles Editor for the UC Davis Law Review, Volume 50.
- Successfully argued demurrers in disputes involving breach of contract, bad faith, fraud, and negligence claims.
- Successfully defended small business clients in law and motion hearings.
- Settled multiple medical malpractice cases after filing motions for summary judgment.
- UC Davis Law Review, Vol. 49 and 50
- American Bar Association, Member
- San Mateo County Bar Association, Member
- California Lawyers Association, Member
- State Bar of California (2017)
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California
- J.D., University of California, Davis, School of Law
- B.A., Psychology; B.A., Spanish, University of California, Santa Barbara
- UC Davis Public Interest Law Program Certificate