Elizabeth Cirone is an associate in the San Jose office of Hopkins & Carley and a member of the Real Estate Practice. She focuses on all phases of construction and real estate related disputes from contract drafting and negotiation to complex litigation for both commercial and residential projects.
Liz represents property owners, prime contractors, subcontractors, material suppliers, and design professionals on matters involving:
- Construction contract claims
- Mechanic’s liens and stop notices
- Multi-party construction defect litigation
- Real property disputes
- Lease disputes
Prior to joining Hopkins & Carley, Liz was with Bustamante, O’Hara & Gagliasso, where her practice included the defense of construction professionals and tradesmen in construction defect lawsuits.
- Successfully represented home owner in a bench trial regarding breach of contract and defective construction claims in excess of $20 million against the contractor and architect; successfully defended same client against claims for prompt payment penalties by contractor through motion for judgment following contractor’s presentation of evidence.
- Graceful Giving, Member
- American Bar Association
- Santa Clara County Bar Association
- State Bar of California (2008)
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- J.D. (magna cum laude), Creighton University School of Law
- B.A. (cum laude), History, Santa Clara University