Katrina Solomatina is an associate in Hopkins & Carley’s San Jose office and is a member of the Real Estate Practice. Her practice focuses on commercial real estate transactions and community association law.
Katrina counsels domestic and international clients in various aspects of real estate, including:
- Purchase and sale agreements
- Commercial leases
- Compliance with the Davis-Stirling Common Interest Development Act
- Construction agreements
- Title issues
- Project financing and title insurance
- Due Diligence
- Land use and permitting
Prior to joining Hopkins & Carley, Katrina was with Berding Weil LLP where she represented various homeowners’ associations.
- Successfully represented a homeowners association in an appeal of a land use dispute with a neighboring apartment complex.
- Represented multiple homeowners associations in successful negotiation of developer maintained easement agreement.
- Assisted homeowners association in renegotiating a shared facilities agreement with the hotel developer.
- Stay Not Pay? – That is the Question! How the Goudelock Decision Impacts Owners, HOAs and Foreclosing Lenders, ACMA The Abstract, Fall 2018
- The Fight Against Short Term Rentals – What the Actions of Five Coastal Cities Could Mean for California Short Term Rentals, ECHO Journal, September/October 2018
- A Road Paved with Good Intentions – Addressing Unintended Consequences of New Public Assembly Laws Affecting Homeowner Associations, ECHO Journal, January/February 2019
- New Mandatory Disclosure Requirements for Community Managers, ECHO Journal, May/June 2019
- How to Keep Cool When the Pool Gets Busy, CACM The Law Journal, Summer 2019
- 2020 CACM Northern California Legal Forum
- 2019 CAI Northern California Legal Forum
- 2019 California State Bar Real Property Conference
- 2019 CAI National Conference
- 2019 CAI Stockton Educational Luncheon
- 2019 CAI South Bay Educational Luncheon
- 2018 CAI Stockton Educational Luncheon
- 2018 ECHO Board Member Educational Seminar
- State Bar of California and its Business Law and Real Property Sections
- California Association of Community Managers (CACM)
- Community Associations Institute (CAI) (Bay Area and Central California Chapter)
- ECHO Board Member
- State Bar of California (2012)
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- J.D., San Francisco Law School
- B.S., Mechanical Engineering, Tula State University
- Witkin Award Recipient in Torts 2008-2009
- Witkin Award Recipient in Civil Procedure 2009-2010
- Witkin Award Recipient in Professional Responsibility 2010-2011
- Blum Foundation Scholarship Recipient 2009-2010
- Best Overall in Traynor Moot Court Competition 2010-2011