Dan W. Cooperider is Special Counsel in Hopkins & Carley’s Family Wealth & Tax Planning Practice in the San Jose office. He focuses on representing clients in their estate planning and trust administration matters, which often involve complex estate, gift, and generation-skipping tax issues. In addition, Dan has trusts and estates litigation and trial experience.
Dan also has experience working as an advisor for one of the nation’s largest private banks. Dan and his business partners were among the first in the private bank to consistently hold annual family meetings to assist in educating younger generations concerning the responsibilities of wealth, in reinforcing the family’s vision and values, and in exploring the possibilities of using wealth in ways to have a positive impact on the community.
Before private practice, Dan served as a staff attorney in the Office of Staff Attorneys at the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit.
- San Mateo County Bar Association
- Legal Aid Society of San Mateo County, Former Board Member
- Boys and Girls Club of the Mid-Peninsula in San Mateo, Former Corporate Board and Foundation Board Member
- State Bar of California (1995)
- LLM, Taxation, Golden Gate University School of Law
- J.D., Golden Gate University School of Law (Magna Cum Laude)
- B.A., History, University of California, Berkeley