Christopher Long is an Associate in the Litigation Department of Hopkins & Carley’s San Jose office.
Prior to joining Hopkins & Carley, Christopher was an associate at Burke, Williams & Sorensen, LLP, where he represented, advised, and counseled public agency clients in both state and federal civil litigation and transactional matters. While at Burke, Christopher served as the Deputy City Attorney for the cities of Pacifica and St. Helena, and gained extensive experience with the California Public Records Act. Prior to joining Burke, Christopher was a Post-Bar Law Clerk to the City Attorney for Redwood City.
While in law school, Christopher served as an extern to the Honorable Otis D. Wright II in the United States District Court for the Central District of California. He also gained entertainment law experience while serving as an intern to both the litigation and trademark law teams at NBCUniversal in Los Angeles.
Christopher is a delegate of the Bar Association of San Francisco to the California Conference of Bar Associations, where he and his fellow delegates propose, debate, and advocate for non-partisan, state-level legislative solutions to law-related issues for the benefit of Californians.
As the son of a disabled Vietnam War Veteran, Christopher voluntarily represents and assists veterans in obtaining benefits from the Department of Veterans Affairs.
- San Bruno Committee for Economic Justice v. City of San Bruno (2017) 15 Cal.App.5th 524
- After inheriting case from another firm one month prior to scheduled jury trial, successfully represented municipality against landowner who sued claiming provision of water constituted public and private nuisances, by authoring motion for judgment on the pleadings resulting in dismissal of all causes of action with prejudice.
- Obtained dismissal with prejudice of six-figure breach of contract arbitration counterclaim for business client.
- Pro Bono Attorney, Swords to Plowshares, 2017–Present
- Delegate, BASF Delegation to the Conference of California Bar Associations, 2017–Present
- Bar Association of San Francisco
- State Bar of California (2015)
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- J.D., Intellectual Property Law Concentration, Loyola Law School
- B.A., Political Science, History (dual degree), New York University