Anthony Verdugo is an associate with Hopkins & Carley’s Corporate Practice in Palo Alto. His practice focuses on all aspects of business transactions, including technology transactions, commercial real estate transactions, entity formations, mergers and acquisitions, and corporate and partnership tax.
Prior to joining Hopkins & Carley, Anthony was an associate at Hoge Fenton and a member of their Business, Corporate and Taxation practice groups.
- Assisted a pharmaceutical company in the sale of its portfolio of patented products to a publicly-traded company
- Represented and assisted technology startups in forming various types of entities and obtaining funding from outside investors
- Counseled venture capital fund and its portfolio companies in connection with formation and organizational issues, equity and debt financing, and general corporate matters
- Represented a semiconductor company in its acquisition by a publicly-traded company
- Assisted an educational service provider in the sale of its stock and the acquisition of its exclusive IP
- Assisted in purchase and sale transactions, leasing, and the development of commercial, industrial and retail property
- Created NDAs for privately-held and publicly-traded companies
- Assisted privately held companies and their shareholders in tax planning matters
- “How California’s Drought and Governor Brown’s Executive Order Can Potentially Affect Your Business and Your Water Rights,” The Registry, April 24, 2015
- ABC Planning Committee, Silicon Valley Chapter, Member
- CoreNet Global, Member
- State Bar of California (2013)
- J.D., University of California, Hastings College of the Law
- B.S., Business Administration and Finance, University of Southern California, Marshall School of Business