Andrew Ditlevsen is an associate with Hopkins & Carley’s Litigation Department and Real Estate Practice.
Andrew’s practice focuses on:
- All facets of real estate and business litigation, including trial work in both state and federal courts;
- Real estate and land use matters, including representation of mobile home park owners and developers seeking to convert the use of existing parks; and
- Creditors’ rights, including advising and representing creditors and financial institutions in collection matters and in bankruptcy proceedings.
Prior to joining Hopkins & Carley, Andrew was an associate at Sweeney, Mason, Wilson & Bosomworth in Los Gatos. While in law school, Andrew was a full-time judicial extern for the Honorable Jeremy Fogel of the United States District Court, Northern District of California.
- After approximately 18 months of litigation, and a four day trial, clients obtained a six figure judgment for nondischargeability of debt, proving debtors committed actual fraud under 11 U.S.C. §523(a)(2)(A), as well as “willful and malicious” injury under 11 U.S.C. §523(a)(6).
- Client obtained a judgment of nondischargeability of debt arising from a pre-petition state court judgment against debtor for violation of California’ anti-SLAPP statute, which nondischargeability judgment was based on 11 U.S.C §523(a)(6).
- Successful defense, after a multi-day jury trial, of clients against claims for conversion of personal property and fixtures.
- After multi-day jury trial, client obtained a six-figure damages award, including punitive damages, against his partner arising from fiduciary malfeasance and fraud in connection with a real estate investment.
- Successfully represented property owners in multiple commercial and residential unlawful detainer trials, including recovery of back rent, rental per diem through eviction, and attorneys’ fees.
- Participated, as second chair, in multi-week jury trial involving claims of fraud and breach of contract in the purchase and sale of a San Jose-based manufacturing company.
- The Congressman Don Edwards Inns of Court, President, 2018-2019; Co-President 2017-2018; Vice President 2016-2017
- Licensed Real Estate Broker, State of California, 2014-Present
- NAIOP – Silicon Valley, Member and Developing Leaders Program Participant, 2018
- City of San Jose, Appeals Hearing Board, Commissioner (City Council appointee), 2015-2017
- Santa Clara County High School Moot Court Competition, Scoring Attorney, 2015-2017
- Santa Clara County Bar Association, Prior member of Civil Practice Committee and Finance Committee, 2014-2017
- State Bar of California (2012)
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California
- J.D., Santa Clara University School of Law
- B.A. (magna cum laude), University of California, Santa Barbara
- Northern California Super Lawyers, Rising Star - 2018, 2019