Estate Planning Paralegal
Hopkins & Carley, a well-established law firm with offices in downtown San Jose and in Palo Alto, has an immediate opening for an experienced Estate Planning Paralegal with its Family Wealth & Tax Planning department in its San Jose office. This individual must be highly motivated, a self-starter, detail oriented, a team player and project a positive attitude. Ideal candidates will possess excellent organizational, written/verbal communication, and time management skills. Our paralegals work with all of the attorneys in the Family Wealth & Tax Planning department, and as such must be able to manage multiple projects, styles and deadlines.
Candidate must have experience with all aspects of the estate planning process from intake through the drafting and execution of documents, including the following:
- Preparation of Revocable Trusts & Irrevocable Trusts (including ILITs, IDGTs, GST, QPRTs and GRATs)
- Preparation of Wills, Powers of Attorney, Advance Health Care Directives, and related documents
- Preparation of Deeds and related documents for the transfer of real property title
- Trust funding
Candidate should have experience with the Trust and Estate Administration process including:
- Trust asset allocations and sub-trust funding (such as deeds and related forms), Affidavits, and working with appraisers, etc.
- Heggstad proceedings
- Probate proceedings (from commencement of proceedings through final distribution)
Candidate should also have experience with the preparation of Estate (Form 706) and Gift (Form 709) Tax Returns.
The ability to function at a high level, assuming significant responsibilities is also required. Candidate will work directly with clients and senior attorneys. Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel is required. Bachelor’s degree and paralegal certificate preferred. Must be a California Notary (or be able to become one).
Hopkins & Carley is an equal opportunity employer.
We offer competitive compensation/benefits and the opportunity to be part of a great team. Please forward your cover letter and resume to email@example.com