RSVP: Click here to register
Cost: $25 (No cost for current clients of Hopkins & Carley)
An employer’s obligation to reasonably accommodate an applicant or employee’s disability is a difficult, time-consuming and challenging process full of potential stumbling blocks. Employers focused on day-to-day business pressures and the concept of treating all employees the same often lose sight of the affirmative obligation to engage in the interactive process. This seminar will focus exclusively on reasonable accommodation and the interactive process, common employer mistakes, and suggested approaches for handling these issues. Topics covered will include:
• Reasonable accommodation expectations involving COVID-19 and employees returning to the workplace
• Getting behind the buzzwords - understanding the concept of the interactive process and reasonable accommodation
• Best practices for responding to requests for accommodation and vague statements regarding potential disabilities
• How best to document the interactive process
• Reasonable accommodation in non-disability contexts, such as religion
This program pre-approved for 1.5 (General) recertification credit hours toward PHR, SPHR and GPHR recertification through the HR Certification Institute. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HR Certification Institute website at www.hrci.org.
This program approved for 1.5 SHRM Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM recertification. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit www.shrmcertification.org.
This program is approved for 1.5 hours of "General" California MCLE credit.