Please click here to watch the webcast
Cost: $25 (No cost for current clients of Hopkins & Carley)
The hiring and onboarding process is the first step in the employment lifecycle. It presents employers both with opportunities (such as the chance to define the terms and conditions of the employment relationship and protect themselves against future claims) as well as risks (such as asking the wrong questions or not providing required forms). In order to start a new employment relationship on the right foot, employers must understand the critical issues that arise during the process.
This seminar addresses:
• What you can or cannot ask about criminal history and prior compensation
• Avoiding common traps in interviews
• Whether to do background and reference checks, and the timing and required disclosures
• Onboarding best practices
• Arbitration agreements, confidentiality agreements and restrictive covenants
• Handbook updates and common mistakes
This program is pending approval for 1.5 (General) recertification credit hours toward PHR, SPHR and GPHR recertification through the HR Certification Institute. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HR Certification Institute website at www.hrci.org.
This program is approved for 1.5 SHRM Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM recertification. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit www.shrmcertification.org.
This program is approved for 1.5 hours of "General" California MCLE credit.